Caring for your own
Persons and religious groups in Idaho may care for their own dead.
Home burial is permissible in Idaho. Check with the county or town clerk for local zoning laws.
You must have a physician’s or coroner’s authorization before removing a body from the state.
Agencies & Resources
- Child Protection Services
- Child Support Services
- Idaho Children's Trust Fund
- Court Assistance Office & Self-Help Center
- Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Department of Health and Welfare
- Early Childhood Information Clearinghouse (ECIC)
- Idaho Legal Aid Services, Inc.