Idaho Secretary of State
Business Entity Search Hints
Refine your business entity search using one of the following methods:
To Widen A Search (More Results)
- Use only part of the name of the business you are looking for in the name field. (For example: "Ger" instead of "Gerald.")
- Insert the word "OR" between keywords and the search will return results that contain any of the words entered. (For example: If you enter "cattle OR
Livestock" you will receive results similar to "The Cattle Ranch" and "The Livestock Barn.")
- Fill out only the necessary search fields.
To Narrow A Search (Less Results)
- Insert the word "AND" between keywords. The search will only return results that contain all of the words entered.
(For example: If you enter "John's AND Cattle" you will receive results similar to "John's Pig and Cattle Ranch,
Inc" and "Jeff and John's House of Cattle.")
- Enter an exact phrase. (For example: If you enter "micron technology"
only records containing the phrase "micron technology" will be returned, including Micron Technology Services, Inc., Micron Technology Foundation, Inc., etc.)
- Fill out additional search fields.
- Use double quotes, parentheses, brackets, or
braces to match exact phrases and avoid having "AND" and
"OR" split up your search phrase.
- Use a carot (^) at the beginning of your criteria to
only match at the beginning of a field. A dollar sign ($) may similarly be
used to only match at the end of a field.
Return to the Business Entity Search