Established January 13, 1885, with its county seat at Blackfoot, from the east and north parts of Oneida County. Named by Territorial Governor William M. Bunn for his friend Henry Harrison Bingham, Pennsylvania Congressman. Fremont County was carved out of Bingham in 1893, Bonneville in 1911, Power in 1913, and Butte in 1917.
County Seat: Blackfoot
Land Area: 2,183 square miles